Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes.

Don't let the name of these pancakes scare you. They might sound freaky healthy and disgusting, but they are the complete opposite. When I first saw this recipe on Allrecipes.com (which happens to be my favorite place to find new recipes) I thought "EW, why on earth would I want to eat pancakes made with Whole Wheat flour and Olive Oil. But after tasting them, I want to eat them every day of my life! And because they are made with Whole Wheat, it makes me feel like I can eat a lot of them without feeling guilty. They are very moist and fluffy, not dense at all, and their taste is out of this world! My mom even ate them without syrup because they were so tasty. If you are looking for a recipe that will please every picky eater in your family, this will surely do the trick.



http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oatmeal-and-Wheat-Flour-Blueberry-Pancakes/Detail.aspx

Ingredients:


- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar 
- 2 tablespoons baking powder 
- 3/4 teaspoon salt 
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats 
- 2 cups milk 
- 3 eggs, beaten 
- 1/4 cup olive oil 
- Blueberries 


What I added:


- 1 Tsp. of Almond Extract
- 3 dashes of Cinnamon


Directions:


1. In a separate bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.






2. In  mixer, mix oats and milk. Add eggs and olive oil. Pour in the flour mixture all at once. Continue mixing until smooth.






3. Heat griddle to about 350 F. Grease the griddle before putting pancakes on.


4. Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle. Put about 6-10 Blueberries on each pancake.



5. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly. Flip, and continue cooking until lightly browned.




serve with syrup or eat plain!




Look who was around to keep me company in the kitchen....

 My puppy Buck.

-Sarah-







1 comment:

  1. When I make my blueberry pancakes, or any berry pancakes for that matter, I take about 1/3 of the berries and put them in the food processor, dice them up just a little bit, then I add the diced berries and all the juice to the batter. It spreads the berry taste throughout the pancake and also gives the pancakes a nice purple color, and who doesn't like purple.

    ReplyDelete