Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Cake

Did you know that Tuesday was national peanut butter day!? I probably eat peanut butter at least twice...no, three times a day. At least. So I obviously didn't have a problem celebrating such a wonderful holiday. 
I made this peanut butter cake.


Then I topped it of with a peanut butter/chocolate frosting. The frosting tasted a little like fudge. I didn't have a problem with that either. Upon the first bite, I was literally not thinking about anything except how goooood this cake was. Noble declared this cake as his favorite cake ever and requested it for his birthday, which is oh so inconveniently far away. This cake tastes like a big ole Reese's cup in cake form. I know. The cake consistency was a little more bread-like than I anticipated but that did not keep me from eating it. Nothing could of kept me from eating this cake. Not even all the little brother fingers that made their way into the cake. It was that good.  Mom and I named this "Pb break", which is a hybrid of bread and cake. We are so creative. Next time you are craving peanut butter or need a peanut butter "break", make this cake. 


Peanut Butter Cake 
Adapted From:Pioneer Woman


Ingredients:
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 stick Butter

Frosting:
- ½ cups Peanut Butter
- 6 teaspoons Milk
- 1 pound Powdered Sugar

- 1/2 cup Bittersweet Chocolate


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, baking soda, flour and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine butter, water and peanut butter in saucepan and bring to boil. Pour over flour mixture.


3. Add milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix.




4. Pour in 13x9 in. greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes.


Frosting:
1. Bring butter, peanut butter (we ran out of creamy pb so I used chunky)and milk to boil in saucepan. 

2. Add one pound of powdered sugar. Pour warmed frosting over cooled cake. 
3. Sprinkle chocolate chips over warm frosting and let melt. Spread melted chocolate chips into frosting.

Best eaten warm!...or anytime really. 


- Sarah -



No comments:

Post a Comment