Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Mexican Wedding Cookies

I made these cookies for the first time this past Christmas. I'm not sure why I have never made these cookies before because they are soo so so easy and maybe one of my new favorite cookies. Don't try to be dainty and polite by taking little bites and nibbling on these cookies. That isn't going to work. They will just crumple in your hand. Just put the whole dang thing in your mouth. Nothing better than a mouth full of powdered sugar and pecans. mmmm. Warm from the oven and just covered in the powdered sugar, it's easy to lose count of how many you eat. If you have enough will power to let go of these cookies then they are great for sharing, but believe me...you probably won't end up sharing them. 
I'm thinking I want to marry a man of Mexican descent just so I can have these cookies at my wedding. Actually, I'm going to have these at my wedding regardless.

Mexican Wedding Cookies:
Ingredients:

- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup ground pecans (or blanched almonds or walnuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter on high speed . Add 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low, add the vanilla and salt, and beat until blended.

2. Mix togethor flour and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low speed. Stir in ground pecans. Cover and refrigerate about 15 minutes.  


3. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on 2 ungreased baking sheets. 



4. Bake until the cookies are just golden on the bottom, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cookies one at a time and roll them in the confectioners' sugar. Let the cookies cool completely on wire racks. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

-Sarah-




2 comments:

  1. YUM! In my family, we call them "Booger Balls" - long story, but they're my dad's fave and he was trying to get us not to eat them when we were younger. Too bad it didn't work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that's a hysterical name. Yeah, I don't think anything could keep me from eating these.

    ReplyDelete