Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Apple Crisp

When I think of most apple recipes I tend to think that they all taste the same. Apple pie, apple cobbler, apple crisp, apple buckle...blah, blah, blah. Convincing myself to make an apple dessert after I have already made an apple pie was hard. But apple pies are delicious, so why don't I just make another apple dessert? And that is exactly what I did; I made an amazing apple crisp. After taking the first bite into this apple crisp, my preconceived judgments of all apple desserts being the same was proved wrong. This crisp is completely different from an apple pie and it's super delicious. I would encourage anyone who loves apple and spices to make this!



Ingredients for Filling:
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup. finely chopped Pecans
- 3 tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice

Directions for Filling:
1. Peel and cut apples into to medium size pieces.



2. Mix all the ingredients together, and place in dish.



Ingredients for Topping:
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 6 tbsp. Chilled Butter

Directions for Topping:
1. Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.  2. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps


3.  sprinkle over filling. Bake crisps on 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
-Sarah-





No comments:

Post a Comment