Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Almond Butter Cream




My little brother wanted to make cupcakes last night and wanted White Cake from the box - fine by me! So I thought they needed something to give them a little kick. I have been wanting to try flavoring our signature buttercream recipe (used here with our Strawberry Cake). The essentials are all the same:


3 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 to 2 tbsp. whipping cream

However, instead of using 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract, I used about 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract AND 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract.

It really turned out nicely. I am a huge fan of almond so, naturally, I liked them... The vanilla helps to balance the flavor. I'm sure you can substitute other flavors to your liking! If you do, let us know! I think we'll try lemon next time :)

PS- Sorry no pics... I'm so upset over it too because we used Toy Story 3 toppings!



1 comment:

  1. This is too weird!

    I was thinking about you today because of cupcakes and then you go and post about, what else, cupcakes!

    Did you know that there is a cupcake shop in Auburn now? check out their website
    http://www.gigiscupcakesusa.com

    The icing sounds great, I am going to give that a try. I am an almond fan too. And thank you for the good info about the fondant. I might have to give it another go....might.

    ReplyDelete